Concussions and MTBI Treatment in Meridian, ID
Maybe you have been diagnosed with a concussion or brain injury; maybe you feel off and not like yourself but are not sure why and are hoping to find some answers.
Does this sound like you?
- Waking up with barely enough energy to start the day and completely fatigued by noon despite another 5 hours of work and it is only Monday?
- Battling chronic neck pain and headaches that have you trying medications, Chiropractic, Physical Therapy, and Acupuncture hoping to find some sort of relief, but it never lasts?
- Trying to hold conversations with friends but you struggle to find the word you are looking for as your brain seems to always be glitching on you?
- Hanging out with family, but feel you are merely there as you are unable to track conversations and really understand what they are saying?
- Feel that you have a new found ADD/ADHD that had never occurred during your elementary years or is worse now?
- Struggling to find the motivation to get up in the morning and anytime you go out you feel everything is going too fast leading to anxiety?
If you answered yes to any of these, then you are like many of my patients and have experienced these symptoms for at least 3 years. You have likely been through a process like this.
When you see your primary provider they start you on medications to help with headaches, depression, and concentration, but unfortunately you don’t get noticeable results and are referred to a neurologist. The neurologist looks at you and tells you everything is due to your depression because your imaging is normal and you need to see a psychiatrist because it is all in your head.
They did have one thing right, it is in your head. This is the result of the brain not being as healthy as it should be. Concussion and brain injury are one reason why the brain isn’t healthy.
Maybe you have been diagnosed with a concussion or brain injury and know that is why you feel off. For others, you never receive the proper diagnosis and are told you have whiplash, neck strain, chronic fatigue, or headaches.
What are the most common causes of concussion or brain injury:
- Motor Vehicle Accident
- Sports or Recreational Injury
- Domestic Abuse or Physical Violence (Including Self Harm)
There are a lot of myths surrounding concussion and brain injury which leads to you suffering longer than you should:
- Must lose consciousness
- Must hit your head
- Must have nausea and vomiting
- A normal CT or MRI means your brain is healthy
- You can’t be experiencing symptoms from a concussion or brain injury after 3 months
Common symptoms that can persist even years after the injury:
- Neck pain
- Brain fog/Feel off
- Depression or Anxiety
- Poor concentration
- Light/Sound Sensitivity
- Problems finding words
- Poor memory
Here’s How Our Proven BMB Method Can Help You Reclaim Your Brain Health So You Can Participate In Life Again
(You Don’t Have to Let Your Injury Define You)
Imagine what life looks like when you have your brain health:
- Wake up in the morning refreshed and excited for what is planned with your children and friends, such as going to a movie, soccer practice, or even to dinner at your favorite restaurant..
- Have your mind gently ease into sleep without it racing
- Brain feels clear and able to have great conversations with friends, family, and colleagues.
- Go an entire day without even realizing you didn’t have a headache or neck pain until your spouse asks how you’re feeling.
You may be wondering how we evaluate whether a concussion or brain injury is the cause of your symptoms and how we help you find answers. We utilize The BMB Method (Brain, Mind, & Body) that has been refined over the past 9 years. This allows us to look where others aren’t, as well as view each person as an individual by:
- Evaluating the brain looking at function using eye movements, balance, and brain waves.
- Evaluating the mind reviewing past traumas and the subconscious programming that prevents you from success in life.
- Identifying how the different systems in the body are functioning using symptoms and lab testing.
By using The BMB Method we are able to provide answers and solutions when other programs have failed. If you are ready to try a new approach to these symptoms that are robbing you of your life then request your health strategy session today.